Most people relocating to Cedar Park and the Austin metro area rely on an Austin Apartment Locator to help them find an apartment and consult with a real estate agent if they are in need of a home rental.
An Austin Apartment Locator will be able to match your unique needs to the perfect apartment community within your budget.
Contact Kat Ramm if you need assistance finding an Apartment in the Austin metro area. Email at email@example.com or call/text at 303-519-6248. Or fill out our Rental Questionnaire. Please read the rental criteria below.
Using an Austin Apartment Locator may be an unusual concept for people moving to this area from out of state. Many people rely on national websites like apartments.com but sites that do not offer personalized assistance. An Austin Apartment Locator work with you personally to find the right place. They are paid by the apartment complexes but work for you. In the Austin area, it is very common to use an Apartment Locator and it can save you a lot of time and hassles.
At Cedar Park Living, we partner with an expert Austin Apartment Locator who can assist you with finding the right apartment community for you. Central Texas apartment communities offer a lot of luxury amenities and many are built like townhomes for more privacy and space. Some even have garages. It really depends on your needs, budget, location, etc. There is a place for everyone.
Sometimes renting an apartment is the preferred choice when relocating to make sure you like an area, schools or even your job. Once you feel settled, then we can help you find a home to rent or buy.
If you prefer a rental home for more space and privacy, I can help you with that too. Most rental homes in the Austin Metro area are managed by Property Management companies and are listed for lease in the MLS by real estate agents (apartment locators do not handle these types of listings). If you want to rent a home, it is wise to contact a real estate agent, like me, to assist you in the leasing of a home. Home leasing can be a little more stringent on the guidelines and qualifications that apartment rentals. We have limited inventory here so it’s pretty competitive. Working with a real estate agent to find a rental home will save you lots of time from not having to track down each agent on each listing. Be careful of Zillow and Craigslist rental ads, they can sometimes be scams.
RE/MAX 1 General Tenant Selection Criteria Information
Note: some requirements vary per home depending on the property management company and/or owner requirements. The requirements below are pretty typical and for your general information to prepare you for leasing a home in the Austin market.
• Complete Residential Lease Application Form. Each applicant over 18 years of age is required to submit an application.
• There is generally a non-refundable $50 fee per applicant, sometimes up to $75 to process the application and run the credit check. Applications are generally processed on a first come basis.
• Application fees are to be submitted at the time of application. Cashier’s Check is preferred, some offer online payment options. Some may ask for Venmo payment.
• Applications that are not fully completed will not be processed. Just because you submit an application and a fee, does not mean you will be approved. Best-qualified applicants will be considered. Landlord reserves the right to choose the best-qualified applicant. Your application fee will not be refunded if you are not approved.
• Sometimes the Security Deposit is also required to process the application. Cashier’s Check is preferred.
Proof of Income, Rental History, Employment Verification, Background Check
• Social Security Number Required on Application.
• Credit and Background Check Will Be Performed.
• Previous Rental History Will Be Verified.
• Current Employers Will Be Called (Past employer also if less than 3 months.)
• Proof of income will be required. 2 Months’ Pay Stubs with Year to Date Income.
• Copy of driver’s license needed for Application.
Minimum Qualification Guidelines/Requirements
• Minimum 600 credit score. Some landlords will consider lower with special circumstances. Usually double security deposit.
• No collections or bankruptcy.
• No evictions or late payments on rental history.
• Net Income must be 3 times the rental amount (5 times if roommates are applying).
• Limit of 2 people per room.
• Pets are on a case-by-case basis. Each listing will say pet policy. Generally, a deposit is required, and
sometimes a monthly pet fee. If a pet is acquired during the term of the lease without permission,
Landlord reserves the right to evict.
• Copy of Driver’s License.
• Copy of last 2 months’ pay stubs showing YTD income. If self-employed previous year’s tax return.
There are laws regarding service animals and documentation needed. Some properties have a no-pet policy or breed/size restrictions. Landlords will require prospective tenants to first meet all qualification criteria for approval and then meet requirements for service animal accommodations.
Possible Reasons for Denial
• Eviction on File
• Excessive Late Payments
• Criminal Cases: (felonies, domestic violence, sex crimes, capital crimes, fraud, theft, drugs)
• Excessive Collection of Accounts
• Non-payment of Rent
• Previous Breach of Lease Terms
• Broken Leases – must be paid off
• Falsification of Application
• Previous Damage to Property
• Poor Credit
• Pet policy and/or breed and size restrictions prohibit your qualification
Contact Us if you would like assistance in finding a rental home or an apartment community in the Austin area.
Sign Up for our Newsletter for more fun things to do in the area.
Curious About Your Home’s Value?